Home. Visitor Information. History. Gallery. Links. Old St. Stephen’s Church, Robin Hood’s Bay

Old St. Stephen’s Church, Robin Hood’s Bay: YO22 4PF • Map ref: NZ942059

from a picture by Whitby artist John Freeman Home. Visitor Information. History. Gallery. Links.

Visitor Information

Old St. Stephen's is generally open daily from June to October.

Entry is free but donations are encouraged.

Access is via a gated path with some steps.

A key is available from Bramblewick (next house on left down Church Lane) or Hooks House Farm Campsite, down the road towards Robin Hoods Bay.

Old St. Stephen's is a consecrated building and services are held here at 4pm on the 2nd Sunday in the month, from June to September.

Parking is limited but the Scarborough-Middlesbrough bus (No.93) stops close by.

Good dogs are welcome, as are benighted walkers who may enjoy shelter inside if it’s rainy. As this is 1822 there is no electricity and no toilets.

This is a Living Churchyard so there may be nettles.  

There may also be sheep - please take care to shut gates after you.

Panoramic view over Robin Hood's Bay Gravestone of Thomas Renwick